Mississippi's largest statewide amateur sportsfest.
Rush Hospital — Celebrating 100 Years
Liz Pope 601-462-9045
Kristy Clement 601-527-1194
June 17-18, 2017
Meridian Jaycee Soccer Complex, MCC Soccer Fields, Sammie Davidson Complex, and QV Sykes Park
U7 (Non Competitive 4 vs 4) - $250
U8 (Non Competitive 4 vs 4) - $250
U8 (Competitive 6 vs 6) - $300
U9 - $375
U10 - $375
U11 - $400
U12 - $400
U14 - $450
U16 - $450
NO FORMS ACCEPTED BEFORE MAY 1, 2017.
Entry form, fee, waiver/roster must be received by May 31. If you register on line you must still fax your official roster to The State Games office at 601-483-0650 or drop it in the mail to
P O Box 5866, Meridian, MS 39302.
The first 16 teams in boys and the first 16 teams in girls in EACH age group (U8-U12) and the first 12 teams in boys and the first 12 teams in girls in EACH age group (U14-U16) that has their paperwork completed and entry fees paid by the deadline will be allowed in the tournament.
This registration is not complete and will not be considered as one of the first 16 (in ages U8-U12) and first 12 (in ages U14-16) teams until your official roster has been faxed to The State Games of Mississippi office at 601-483-0650.
- Each team will be responsible for securing an official roster and player passes to be used at The State Games. This applies to all youth soccer age divisions (U9-U16). U7 and U8 are not required to have player passes.
- The U7 and U8 (non competitive) age divisions will play 4 vs. 4. U8 (competitive) will play 6 vs 6 format with a goalkeeper. U7 and U8 will play 4 ten minute quarters with a 5 minute half-time. They will have a 2 minute heat break in between each quarter. The first 16 teams in boys and the first 16 teams in girls who have all of their paperwork completed and entry fees paid will be accepted in the tournament. Registration will not be accepted before May 1, 2017, and the deadline is June 2, 2017. Coaches will not be allowed on the playing field. U7 and U8 (non competitive) there will be no championship game, no scores will be kept and each team will receive a State Games of Mississippi medal. U8 (competitive) teams will play bracket games for points to qualify for advancement to play off rounds on Sunday for Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards. All U7 and U8 (non competitive) games will be played Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18, 2017 if needed.
3. U9- U12 age divisions:
*The State Games of Mississippi will accept a maximum of 16 teams in each of these age divisions.
- The U9-U12 age divisions will play quarters in the 2017 State Games of Mississippi.
- The U9 and U10 age divisions will play 7 vs. 7, and the U11 and U12 divisions will play 9 vs. 9.
- Quarters will be 12 minutes. They will have a 2 minute heat break in between each quarter.
- The U 14 and U 16 age divisions will remain the same as previous years for the 2017 State Games of Mississippi.
- The State Games of Mississippi will accept the first 16 teams for each of these age divisions.
- The U14 and U16 age divisions will play halves in the 2017 State Games of Mississippi.
- U14 will play 30-munute halves. U16 will play 35-minute halves.
- All age divisions will have the option of playing semi-final and final games, except for the U7-U8 (non competitive) age divisions, based on number of teams accepted in each age division.
- Every age will have free substitution
- Official roster and player passes required for all divisions (except U7 and U8 will not require player passes).
- A 10-point scoring system will be used for every age group.
- Field Sizes
U7-U8 40 x 70
U9-U10 45 x 75
U11-U12 50 x 80
U 14-U16 70 x 105
U7-U8 6 x 12
U9-U10 6 x 18
U11-U12 7 x 21
U14-U16 8 x 24
If you are interested in being a referee, please contact our referee assigner-Bill Green, 601-954-7659, email@example.com